Indian cuisine is popularly known in western countries with the word Makhani. There are a lot of Indian Dishes that are prepared with the Makhani Sauce like Dal Makhani, Paneer Makhani, Mushroom Makhani, and many more dishes made with this sauce.
Makhani is a Hindi word of rich, smooth, creamy orange sauce, a smooth gravy prepared with Onions, tomatoes, and some garlic. It is very easy to prepare and you can also store the leftover Makhani Sauce in the refrigerator for 2-4 days.
However, I’ll not suggest you freeze it for months because it will ruin the taste and texture of the sauce. As I say, it is so easy to prepare you don’t need to store it for months. Just make it fresh and enjoy it.
Here I will share a recipe of Indian Style Makhani Sauce Pasta. I know Pasta is an Italian dish but I want to try it in a Makhani Sauce Pasta with some other desi ingredients and it’s obvious, it tastes amazing.
In this recipe, I am using Penne Pasta. I mostly use Penne Pasta because it quickly observes every sauce and also Penne Pasta is kinda my favorite shape of Pasta.
I have also shared more Pasta Recipes. Check them out if you want:
I am going to share a recipe of Makhani Sauce Pasta. I hope you like and try this recipe and don’t forget to share your experience in the comment section below.
Makhani Sauce Pasta Recipe
For Boiling Pasta
- 2 cups Penne Pasta
- 3-4 Glass Water
- 1 tsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 tbsp Salt
For Makhani Sauce
- 2-3 Medium roughly chopped Onions
- 2 Tomatoes
- 1 tbsp Garlic Paste
- 1 tsp Kashmiri red chilli powder
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- salt to taste
- ½ cup Milk
- 1 sliced Onions
- 1 capsicum
- 1 tsp Black peppar
- 1 tsp Chilli flakes
- 1 tbsp mix herbs
- Firstly Take a vessel and 3-4 glass of water. Along with the water add 1 tbsp of oil and salt in it.
- When water is completely boiled then add 2 cups of Penne Pasta in it.
- Let it cook until the pasta is completely boiled.
- When Pasta is boiled then wash it with tap water.
- Add Oil in a kadai and add chopped veggies in it.
- cook it for a while and kept in the seperate plate.
Preparing Makhani Sauce for Pasta
- Take a Pan or kadai and add roughly sliced onions and tomatoe. Cook it until it turns golden brown. When its completely cooked then let it cool down for a while.
- When the onions and tomatoes are cool down then blend it and make a smooth paste.
- Add Oil and 1 tbsp of Garlic paste in the same pan.
- Now add smooth paste in the pan cook it.
- Then add masalas in the gravy. Mix it.
- After that add ½ glass of milk or 1 tbsp of Cream in the gravy.
- Then Add sautee veggies in it. Mix it.
- Add boiled Pasta along with pasta add some masalas and mix herbs in the sauce.
- Give it a good mix. Now its ready to enjoy.
How To Make Makhani Sauce Pasta in detail:
The recipe is divided into 3 parts. Let’s start with 1st one which is:
1. Boiling Pasta
- Take a vessel or kadai, add 4 glass of water and also add 1 tbsp oil and salt it. When the water is completely boiled then add Penne Pasta. If you like any other shape, go for it.
- Let it boil for a while. When Pasta is completely cooked, turn off the flame.
- Wash it off with regular water.
2. Sauté Veggies
- Take a pan and add oil and some veggies to it. Here I am adding onions and capsicum. You can add more veggies if you want.
- Cook it for a while and keep these sautéed veggies aside for a moment.
3. Preparing Makhani Sauce for Pasta
- Take a Pan or kadai and add Roughly sliced 3-4 onions.
- When the onions are cooked then add 2 sliced tomatoes.
- Let it cook until the onions and tomatoes are completely cooked.
- Now grind it to make a smooth paste.
- Add oil and 1 tbsp of Garlic Paste in the same pan.
- And add smooth onions and tomato paste. And add 1 tbsp of red chili powder, 1 tsp of turmeric Powder, and salt to taste.
- Cook it for at least 10 minutes to get a perfect flavor of everything. You can also add water if the masala is sticking to the pan. Then add half a cup of milk or 1 tbsp of fresh cream. I am adding milk. Mix it. Makhani sauce is almost done.
- Now add sautéed veggies to the sauce.
- Then add Boiled Pasta and 1 tsp of chili flakes, 1 tsp of black pepper, and 1 tbsp mix of herbs to the pasta.
- Give it a good mix and Delicious Makhani Sauce Pasta is ready to serve.