Chole Kulche is the most common street food in North India, especially in Delhi and Amritsar. Amritsari Kulche is also quite popular in all over India. In Delhi, Chole is also called as Matar. You can easily find roadside stalls of Chole Kulche or Matar Kulche in the streets of Delhi, Punjab, Haryana. You can have Chole Kulche whenever you want. You can have it as breakfast or as an evening snack. Chole that is served with Kulche is a kind of Chole Chaat. In some places, you will also see chole chaat carts on the roadside.
Kulcha is a soft flatbread that is made of maida (all-purpose flour). It is so easy to make at home but here I am using readymade Kulche for this Chole Kulche recipe. Readymade Kulche is also available in the market of different brands just like other bread. You just simply toast it on Tava with butter. It becomes soft after toasting.
But on this blog post, I am going to share the recipe of Cholle that tastes delicious along with Kulche. It so easy to make but before making it you have to soak Cholle overnight or at least for 7-8 hours. This Cholle recipe is healthy and tasty and also so easy to make. This Chole recipe is thick in consistency and also has a mushy textured. It is such a lip-smacking recipe.
I’ll explain the full recipe of Chole Kulche below. I hope you like and try this recipe and don’t forget to share your experience in the comment section below.
Chole Kulche Recipe
- 1½ cup Boiled Chole (Matar)
- 1 chopped Onions
- 1-2 Chopped Tomato
- 1 Chopped green chilli
- 1-2 Boiled mash Aloo
- 1 tbsp Bhuna Jeera powder (Roasted Cumin Seeds)
- 1 tbsp dhania powder
- ½ tbsp red chilli powder
- ½ tbsp Black salt
- salt to taste
- ½ tbsp Black pepper
- Half lemon
- ½ tbsp Chaat Masala
- ½ tbsp Kitchen king masala
- 2-3 tbsp Tamarind Chutney (imli chutney)
How to make Chole for Kulche
- Take a bowl and add chopped onion, tomatoes and green chilli.
- After that add masalas in it.
- Then add boiled potatoes and boiled chole in it.
- Squeeze the half lemon on it and add chaat masala and kitchen king masala on it.
- Lastly, add tamarind (imli) chutney and give it a good mix.
Toast a Kulcha
- Heat a tava and spread butter on it .
- Now place a Kulcha on it and also spread butter on top of the kulcha.
- toast it until it turns golden brown from the bottom and now flip it and toast it again.
- When it turns golden brown from both sides that means its now ready to serve with Chole.
How to make Chole Kulche or Matar Kulche (in detail):
How to make Chole (Matar) for Kulche:
- Take a bowl and add 1 chopped onion, 2 tomatoes and green chili in the bowl. After that add 1 tbsp of bhuna jeera powder and red chilli in it.
- Add 1 tbsp of dhania powder, salt to taste, ½ tbsp of black salt and black pepper in the bowl.
- Then add diced boiled potato and 1½ cup of boiled chole in it. After that squeeze half lemon on top of the Chole.
- Add 1 tbsp of chaat masala and ½ tbsp of Kitchen king masala and also add 2 tbsp of tamarind chutney on it. You can see tamarind chutney recipe here.
- Now, give it a good mix and also mash some of the Chole (Matar) to give a mushy texture in the Chole Chaat. These all masalas and chutney give a lip-smacking flavor in the Chole. This Chole has full of tangy sweet and sour flavors. Now it’s time to toast a Kulche.
Toast a Kulche:
- Heat Tava and spread butter on it.
- Add Kulcha bread on the hot tava and also spread some butter on the Kulcha.
- Toast one side of the Kulcha until it turns into golden brown then flip it to the other side. When both sides turn golden brown that means Kulche is now ready to serve with Chole.
- Enjoy it whether in breakfast or evening brunch whenever you want.