Palak Paneer recipe is a healthy and tasty north Indian cuisine that is a thick paste of Palak with diced Paneer. Palak is a Hindi meaning of Spinach. As we know there is a lot of Paneer dishes like Shahi Paneer, Kadai Paneer, Matar paneer made in Punjabi cuisine but all these paneer dishes have an orange or yellow colored gravy, but this Palak is a green thick gravy because we are using spinach (Palak) for making gravy.
Palak Paneer is mostly served with tandoori roti, naan, paratha, or jeera rice. In this recipe, I am adding roasted Paneer but you can add it raw if you want. Here I am going to roast paneer in a ginger-garlic paste and some spices that will give a different kind of dainty flavor to the palak paneer.
In this recipe, you have to add cream to remove the bitterness or metallic flavor of palak (spinach). The cream will help to balance the flavor of Palak paneer. The main ingredients of the making of this Palak paneer are onions, some spices, ginger-garlic, cream, and obviously Palak (spinach), Paneer (cottage cheese).
You can add tomato puree if you want but I skip it because I don’t like tomatoes in palak paneer gravy. If you prefer vegan food then you can also replace cottage paneer with tofu.
I’ll explain the full recipe of Palak Paneer below. I hope you like and try this recipe and share your experience in the comment section below.
Check out more recipes:
- Paneer Bhurji
- Sev Tamatar
- Rajma Chawal
- Kamal Kakdi
- Chana Dal
- Bhindi Do Pyaza
- Aloo Gobi
- Sambhar Idli
- Pakora Kadhi
- Malai Fry
For gravy of palak paneer
- 500 gm Palak (Spinach)
- 200 gm Cottage Cheese (Paneer)
- 2 Chopped onion
- 7-8 garlic cloves
- 1 inch Ginger
- ½ tbsp Jeera
- ½ tbsp dhania powder
- ½ tbsp turmeric powder
- ½ cup Fresh Cream
- ½ tbsp Kitchen king masala
For roasting paneer
- 1 tbsp oil
- ½ tsp ginger-garlic paste
- pinch of black peppar
- pich of red chilli
- Pinch of Turmeric (Haldi)
- pinch of dhania powder
- salt to taste
- pinch of garam masala
- Add 1 tbsp of oil and add ginger-garlic paste and all the spices in the non stick pan. Mix it.
- Then add diced paneer and mix it well. Every piece of paneer is completely coated with masala.
- Roast it until it turns into golden brown.
Prepare a gravy of palak paneer
- Firstly, chop the palak (spinch) and rinse it with water.
- Now add palak 7-8 garlic cloves and salt in the pressure cooker and wait for 1 whistle. After that blend it with the hand blender.
- Now take a pan and add oil, cumin seed, and other spices in it. Mix it well.
- Then add onions in the pan and mix it. Now add blended palak in the masala.
- Mix it well. add roasted paneer and kitchen king masala and cream in it.
- Mix it when gravy is little thick that means it is now ready to serve with tandoori roti, naan or jeera rice. It tastes so yummy.
How to Make Palak Paneer Recipe (in detail):
- Add 1 tbsp of oil and ginger-garlic paste in the non-stick pan.
- Then add a little bit of every masala you like to add. Here I am adding a pinch of turmeric, coriander, red chili powder, black pepper, kitchen king masala, and salt.
- Now place a diced paneer in the pan and mix it until all the masala get coated with paneer.
- Now let it roast on medium flame until it turns golden brown.
- Paneer is now completely done.
Preparing Gravy for Palak Paneer:
- Firstly, chopped a palak and rinse it with water.
- Now add it to the pressure cooker, add 7-8 cloves of garlic and salt. Now, wait for 1 whistle.
- After 1 whistle, blend it with a hand blender.
- Then take a pan and add oil, ½ tbsp of cumin seeds, ½ tbsp of turmeric powder, and ½ tbsp of coriander powder.
- Now add onions to the pan.
- When onions are cooked, add red chili powder and salt to it. Here we are adding salt in less amount because we already add it in palak (spinach).
- Then add blended palak (spinach) and ½ cup of fresh cream.
- mix it and add dry red chill in it.
- Now it’s time to add roasted paneer (cottage cheese) and ½ tbsp of kitchen king masala in the Palak (spinach).
- Now let it cook on low-medium flame until the gravy is in little thick in textured.
- Palak Paneer recipe is now ready to serve with tandoori roti, naan, paratha or jeera rice. I personally enjoy it with tandoori roti. You can enjoy this palak paneer whatever you like, it tastes delicious in every manner.
- You should always add the cream in Palak Paneer just to balance the bitterness of Palak (spinach).
- You can also add tofu in place of paneer (cottage cheese) if you want.
- Here I am using roasted paneer as it tastes so yummy and also doesn’t break in gravy. If you use raw paneer then it will completely dissolve in the gravy.
- You should also add salt in less amount or you can also skip it if you want because we already added it while cooking the palak.
- You can also add tomato puree in the tadka if you want.