White Sauce Pasta is an easy-peasy recipe of Pasta and it doesn’t take a lot of time to cook. This white sauce pasta recipe is basically inspired by Italy but I didn’t say that pasta recipe is typically an Italian recipe, this recipe may have Indian touch. The White Sauce Pasta recipe has soft creamy, very mild, and delicious flavors.
In India, this white sauce pasta is available in almost every café and restaurant. But, the white sauce pasta is not familiar in Indian households.
In White Sauce Pasta, you can add any vegetables you want, like a mushroom, carrots, capsicum, broccoli, baby-corn, which means any vegetable you want. But personally, I don’t like a lot of veggies in the white sauce pasta, I like only onions, capsicum, corn in this pasta recipe.
As we all know the market is full of different varieties of pasta. You can use any variety of pasta like Rigatoni, Penne, Macroni, and fusilli all types are used in the white sauce except lasagna or orzo that variety may be dissolved in the sauce and that gives horrible flavor, here I am going to use Penne in it.
The main ingredients used in white sauce are oil or butter, milk, and maida (all-purpose flour). It is so easy to make sure you have to whisk continuously and there are no lumps in it. You can also add cheese in it that makes pasta more cheesy and creamy. Once the white sauce is ready then just add sauté veggies, pasta, some herbs, and give it a good mix. White Sauce Pasta is ready to enjoy. You can serve it at dinner or as an evening snack. I mostly prefer white sauce pasta in the evening time. You can check out more recipes for the evening snacks.
Check out our snacks recipes:
- Aloo Pyaaz Kachori
- Sev Puri Recipe
- Crunchy Aloo Tikki recipe
- Noodles Spring Rolls Recipe
- Pav Bhaji Recipe
- Veg Manchurian Recipe
- Veg Frankie
I hope you like and try this White Sauce Pasta Recipe.
White Sauce Pasta
- 250 gm Pasta (Penne)
- 1 Chopped Capsicum
- ½ cup Sweet Corn
- 4-5 Chopped Garlic Cloves
- 1 cup Chopped onions
- 1 tbsp Oregano
- 1 tbsp Cheese
- 1 tbsp Black pepper
- 1 tbsp Chilli Flakes
- Salt (as required)
- 2 tbsp Maida (all purpose flour)
- 2 glass Milk
- Oil or butter
- Firstly, boil pasta in water.
- Then add chopped garlic and sauté other chopped veggies in the pan.
- Now, it's time to make white sauce. Heat a pan, add oil or butter and then add 2 tbsp of maida in it whisk it continuously.
- When maida is completely roasted then add milk while stirring in small intervals.
- Stir it continuously and make smooth sauce.
- Once the sauce is ready then add all the herbs and spices, saute veggies, and cook pasta in the sauce.
- Give it a good mix and serve it hot and enjoy it whether in lunch or snack.
How to Make White Sauce Pasta (in detail):
- Firstly, boil water in the pot or vessel. Add salt and oil in it.
- After that add pasta and boil it. Here I am using Penne Pasta.
- When pasta is completely cooked then rinse it with normal water.
- Side by side chop all the veggies. Here are the chopped onions, Garlic, capsicum, sweetcorn, and some cheese.
- After that heat a pan and add oil or butter and then add onions in the pan. When onions are cooked then add sweet corn and chopped capsicum in the pan.
- When the veggies are sauteed then kept it in a separate plate or in a bowl.
- Now, it’s time to make a white sauce for pasta. heat a pan add oil or butter and 1tbsp of Garlic Paste in the same pan in which veggies are sauteed.
- 2 tbsp of maida (all-purpose flour) in the pan.
- Stir it continuously and roast a maida on a slow flame until the flour changes its color into little brown.
- Then add milk in small intervals and don’t forget to stir. Make sure there are no lumps in the sauce. Stir it until it turns into a smooth consistency. You can also do this step with turn off the flame.
- Once it’s smooth, add sauteed veggies in the sauce.
- Add 1 tbsp of black pepper, 1 tbsp of oregano, salt to taste, 1 tbsp of Chilli Flakes, Salt to taste, and cheese in the white Sauce.
- Mix all ingredients together and Lastly add boiled Pasta in it.
- Give it a good mix. White Sauce Pasta is ready to enjoy in the evening time or at dinner whenever you want. If you want, you can add extra oregano for garnishing.