White Sauce Pasta is an easy peasy recipe of Pasta and it doesn’t take a lot of time to cook. This white sauce pasta recipe is basically inspired by Italy but I didn’t say that pasta recipe is typically an Italian recipe, this recipe may have Indian touch. The White Sauce Pasta recipe has soft creamy, very mild, and delicious flavors.
In India, this white sauce pasta is available in almost every café and restaurant. But, the white sauce pasta is not familiar with Indians households.
In White Sauce Pasta, you can add any vegetables you want, like a mushroom, carrots, capsicum, broccoli, baby-corn, which means any vegetable you want. But personally, I don’t like a lot of veggies in the white sauce pasta, I like only onions, capsicum, corn in this pasta recipe.
As we all know the market is full of different varieties of pasta. You can use any variety of pasta like Rigatoni, Penne, Macroni, fusilli these all types are used in the white sauce except lasagna or orzo that variety may be dissolved in the sauce and that gives horrible flavor, here I am going to use fusilli in it.
The main ingredients used in white sauce are oil or butter, milk, and maida (all-purpose flour). It is so easy to make sure you have to whisk continuously and there are no lumps in it. You can also add cheese in it that makes pasta more cheesy and creamy. Once the white sauce is ready then just add sauté veggies, pasta, some herbs, and give it a good mix. White Sauce Pasta is ready to enjoy. You can serve it at dinner or as an evening snack. I mostly prefer white sauce pasta in the evening time. You can check out more recipes for the evening snacks.
Check out our snacks recipes:
I hope you like and try this White Sauce Pasta Recipe.
White Sauce Pasta
- 250 gm Pasta (Fusilli)
- 1 cup Chopped Capsicum
- ½ cup Sweet Corn
- 4-5 Chopped Garlic Cloves
- 1 cup Chopped onions
- 1 tbsp Oregano
- 1 tbsp Black pepper
- Salt (as required)
- 2 tbsp Maida (all purpose flour)
- 1 cup Milk
- Oil or butter
- Firstly, boil pasta in water.
- Then add chopped garlic and sauté other chopped veggies in the pan.
- Now, it's time to make white sauce. Heat a pan, add oil or butter and then add 2 tbsp of maida in it whisk it continuously.
- When maida is completely roasted then add milk while stirring in small intervals.
- Stir it continuously and make smooth sauce.
- Once the sauce is ready then add all the herbs and spices, saute veggies, and cook pasta in the sauce.
- Give it a good mix and serve it hot and enjoy it whether in lunch or snack.
How to Make White Sauce Pasta (in detail):
- Firstly, boil water in the pot or vessel. Add salt and oil in it after that add pasta and boil it. When pasta is completely cooked then rinse it with normal water.
- Side by side chop all the veggies. After that heat a pan and add oil or butter and then add chopped garlic and onions in the pan. When onions are cooked then add sweet corn and chopped capsicum in the pan.
- When the veggies are sauteed then kept it in a separate plate or in a bowl.
- Now, it’s time to make a white sauce for pasta. heat a pan add oil or butter and 2 tbsp of maida (all-purpose flour) stir it continuously and roast a maida.
- Then add milk in small intervals and don’t forget to stir. Make sure there are no lumps in the sauce. Stir it until it turns into a smooth consistency.
- Once it’s smooth, add 1 tbsp of black pepper, 1 tbsp of oregano, salt to taste, and yes, you can also add chili flakes in it if you want. But here I am not using it because I don’t like chili flakes in the white sauce pasta.
- Mix all ingredients together and white sauce is now ready. Once the sauce and veggies are done, add boiled pasta in the white sauce. White Sauce Pasta is now ready to serve.
- Give it a good mix. White Sauce Pasta is ready to enjoy in the evening time or at dinner whenever you want. If you want, you can add extra oregano for garnishing.