Mosambi is a Hindi meaning of sweet lime. It is a citric fruit that is round and green-yellowish in color. Sweet Lime juice is more popular than Sweet Lime as a fruit.
It is a healthy and tasty Indian Beverage that is popularly sold in juice shops or carts in India. Every Indian market has that one famous shop or cart where different fruit juice are sold and everybody enjoys it in hot summers.
Whenever my mom and I go shopping, especially in summer, this is our ritual to have fresh Mosambi Juice before starting shopping. Tasty Mousambi Juice gives us energy and refreshes our minds. Because of its cooling properties, Mosambi juice reduces body heat and gives the required energy in summer.
Not only in taste it also has a lot of health benefits. Mosambi Juice is a good source of Potassium, Calcium, and Vitamin C that is great for the skin. It also improves digestion and helps with dehydration. Mosambi Juice is even good for diabetic patients. The pulp of the Mosambi is a rich source of fiber that is effective for weight loss as well.
The difficulty of making Mosambi juice depends on the juicer you are using for making juice. If you using a manual juicer that takes little time and effort to make but if you are using an electric or hand press juicer, it would be much easier to extract the juice. Here I am using an instant Hand Press Juicer.
The most important thing you should keep in mind is to serve juice as soon as possible otherwise it will turn bitter in taste. The reason is, Mosambi Juice is very susceptible to oxidation and will become bitter once it has been exposed to air for a little while.
You can have this juice without adding anything not even salt, it tastes amazing. But I am adding black salt, powdered sugar, and chaat masala that will give a punchy taste to the juice.
If you are having Mosambi Juice for the sake of health benefits, you can completely skip sugar but if you are consuming Mosambi juice as a beverage, you can definitely add the sugar for extra energy and taste.
I am going to share a very simple and easy recipe for Mosambi Juice (Sweet Lime). I hope you like and try this Mosambi Juice recipe and don’t forget to share your experience in the comment section below.
Check out more drinks & beverages recipes:
- 5-6 Mosambi (Sweet Lime)
- ½ tsp Black Salt
- ½ tsp Chaat Masala
- ½ tbsp Powdered sugar.
- Take a Mosambi and cut it into half.
- Place it in a hand press juicer and press it. You'll see the juice is collect in the glass.
- Now add Chaat Masala, Black salt and sugar in the juice.
- Refreshing Mosambi Juice is ready to serve.
How To Make Mosambi Juice:
Here is step-by-step, detailed Mosambi Juice or Sweet Lime juice recipe with pictures that you can follow and make refreshing juice at home.
- Take a Mosambi (sweet lime) and cut it in half.
- Now place it in the hand press juicer. You can also use an electric juicer but a hand-press juicer will keep the nutrition intact and also prevent foam in the juice.
- Press it you’ll see the juice is collected in the glass. Repeat the process until the glass is full. I am not using any strainer to strain the pulp because it contains fruit fiber and nutrition which has a lot of health benefits. For a smooth texture in the juice, use a strainer.
- Now transfer the juice to another glass.
- Add half a tbsp of powdered sugar in it. Sugar is completely optional skip it if you are having it for the sake of health benefits.
- Add ½ tsp of Chaat Masala.It will give a distinct punchy flavor to the juice.
- Lastly, add ½ tsp of Black Salt according to taste.
- Give it a good mix and refreshing Mosambi Juice is ready. Now serve as soon as possible otherwise it will turn bitter in taste.