Momos are east and south Asian cuisine also, popular street food in India from last 3-4 years. This Veg Momos recipe is prepared with plain flour that is filled with veggies. Different shapes and varieties of momos like Fried momos, Tandoori momos, and Baked Momos are prepared, but traditionally momos are always prepared in steam. So, In this post, I am sharing the Steam Veg Momos recipe.
Veg Momos is a simple and healthy recipe that is served with spicy chutney and mayonnaise. Mayonaise serves just to balance out the spiciness of Momos chutney (orange/red chutney). Personally, I don’t like Mayonaise on my plate. So, Here I am completely skipping it. You can have it if you want, it totally depends on your taste.
Actually, this was my first attempt for momos. I want to try the momos recipe for a long time and finally, I tried it. I also tried different shapes of momos. These are not perfectly shaped momos you have ever seen but the shapes don’t affect the taste of momos, it tastes so amazing. These Momos tastes exactly the same that we buy from the market. You can give any shape to it.
Here I am going to share a recipe for Veg Momos. In this recipe, I am going to use cabbage, carrot, and onions for filling momos. For the dough, I am using a Maida (all-purpose flour) and you can also use wheat flour to make it more healthy.
So, I’ll explain the full recipe of Veg Momos down below. I hope you like and try this recipe and share your experience in the comment section below.
Veg Momos Recipe
- 1½ cup Maida (All-purpose flour)
- 1 cup Finely chopped Cabbage
- ½ cup Finely chopped Carrot
- 1 cup Finely Chopped Onions
- 1 tbsp Black peppar
- Salt to taste
- Oil (as required)
- ½ tbsp Garlic Paste
- Take a bowl and add maida, oil and salt. Mix it.
- Then add water as per requirement for dough and prepare a soft dough.
- Now heat a pan and add oil and garlic.
- After that add all chopped veggies in the pan.
- Add black peppar and salt in it. Cook it for a while and kept aside in the plate.
- Then make a small balls of the dough and roll it and fill the cooked veggies in it. Shape it whatever you like.
- Now heat a steamer place it for 10 minutes.
- Veg momos are now ready to serve with spicy chutney.
Check out more Recipes:
- Peri-Peri Sauce Pasta
- Paneer Tikka
- Tandoori Soya Chaap Tikka
- Hakka Noodles
- Aloo-Pyaaz kachori
- Noodles Spring Rolls
- Veg Chowmein
- Aloo Tikki Chaat
- Veg Cheese Sandwich
- White Sauce Pasta
How To Make Veg Momos at Home (in detail):
- Take a bowl and add 1½ cup of Maida (all-purpose flour), 1 tbsp of oil, and salt to taste.
- Then add enough water to make a dough.
- Knead it well and prepare the firm-textured dough and kept aside for a while.
- After that chopped cabbage, carrot, and onions for filling of the momos. You can also use Paneer, Broccoli, Nutella, chicken, fish and everything and anything you like.
- Then heat a pan, add oil and 1 tbsp of garlic paste.
- After that add chopped veggies to the pan. Mix it well.
- Now add 1 tbsp of Black pepper and salt to taste in it. Cook it and kept aside on a plate.
- Now make small balls of the dough and roll it on a rolling board. And place 1 tbsp of cooked veggies and shape it whatever you like.
- Here I tried different shapes to the Momos (as you can see in the picture below).
- Now heat a steamer and place momos in the steamer without touching each other. let them cook for 5-10 minutes.
- When you notice the shining on top of the momo that means they are now ready.
- Tasty Veg Momos are ready to serve with spicy momos chutney.