Matar Mushroom is a delicious North Indian dish that is served by almost every Indian Restaurant. It is Gravy Based dish that is very simple to cook but has a lot of flavors. Mushroom Mutter Masala is one of my favorite dishes, I mostly enjoyed it in winter because of the fresh peas. Personally, I don’t like the flavor of the frozen Matar (Peas) in any dish, especially in a Mushroom Mutter. I am using fresh green peas here.
The Gravy of Mushroom Matar is almost the same as that we made for Matar Paneer or any other gravy-based dish but yet the taste of the Mushroom Matar is different from others. The gravy of the Matar Mushroom is semi-dry and it tastes so amazing. Here I am sharing the Restaurant-Style Mushroom Matar recipe.
Once you try this recipe with the exact same masalas that I am using, believe me, it tastes the same as we have in the restaurant. This dish is perfect for lunch and dinner. You can have it with chapati, Naan, Parantha, or even with Jeera Rice.
In this Mushroom Matar recipe, I am not adding any Cashew paste or Mava to make it smooth creamy textured. Here I am just using a simple masala, it is a very simple and light Gravy-based dish.
In this recipe, I am using White Mushroom (Agaricus bisporus). Firstly, I sauté Mushrooms and Matar (Peas) in butter and then adding into the gravy. The Gravy of the Mushroom Matar is simply made up of onions, ginger-garlic, and tomatoes.
I am going to share the full recipe of Mushroom Matar Masala down below. I hope you like and try this recipe and don’t forget to share your experience in the comment section below.
Check out more recipes:
- Kadai Paneer
- Palak Paneer
- Paneer Tikka
- Paneer Makhani
- Dal Makhani
- Tandoori Soya Chaap
- Dal Bukhara
- Dhaba Style Dum Aloo
- Kaddu Ki Sabzi
Gravy Mushroom Matar (Peas)
- 250 gm White Button Mushroom
- Handful of Peas
- 4-5 Finely Chopped Onions
- 1 tbsp Ginger-Garlic paste
- 2-3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp Coriander Powder (Dhania Powder)
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 1 tsp Kasturi Methi
- 1 tsp Black Peppar
- Handfull offresh coriander leaves
- Take a Kadai and add butter and chopped Mushroom in it. When mushrooms are half cooked then add peas.
- When the mushrooms are cooked well then kept aside in plate.
- After that add Vegetable oil in the same kadai and add chopped onions in it. When the onions are cooked then add ginger-garlic paste in it.
- Add finely Chopped tomatoes in it and let it cook.
- Now add masalas in it. Mix it well.
- Add sautee mushrooms and peas in it. Along with this add 1 glass of water in it.
- Add Kasturi Methi and Garam masala in it.
- Cover the pan and let it cook.
- Lastly garnish it with fresh coriander leaves.
How To Make Matar Mushroom Recipe (in detail):
Sauté Mushrooms and peas:
First, we need to sauté mushrooms to remove the raw flavor. Here is how to do that.
- Take a Kadai or pan and add butter to it.
- Now add Chopped White Button Mushroom in it.
- When Mushrooms are half cooked then add 1 cup of peas in it. Cook it for a while.
- When mushrooms and peas are completely cooked then kept them aside on a separate plate.
Preparing Gravy for Mushroom Matar:
- Add 2-3 tbsp of vegetable oil and add 4-5 finely chopped onions in the same kadai or pan.
- Cook it until the onions turn golden brown. Then add the ginger-garlic paste to the Kadai or pan. Cook it for a while.
- Add 2 finely chopped tomatoes to it. Cook it well.
- Now add 1 tsp of Turmeric powder, 1 tbsp of coriander powder, and 1 tsp of red chili powder. Mix it well.
- Add Salt to taste. Mix it well. If the masala is sticking on the bottom of the kadai, you can add 2-3 tbsp of water to it.
- Now it’s time to add Sautéed Mushrooms and peas in it. Along with Mushrooms and Peas add 1 or half glass of water to it. You can adjust the amount of water according to the thickness of the gravy because the consistency of the gravy should be semi-dry.
- Add 1 tbsp of Garam Masala, 1 tsp of black pepper, and 1 tsp of Kasturi Methi in it.
- Cover the pan with a lid and let it cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Lastly, Garnish it with chopped fresh Coriander leaves.
- Restaurant-style Matar Mushroom is ready to enjoy with Chapati, Naan, and Parantha or you can even have it with Jeera Rice. It tastes amazing with anything.