Kadai Paneer is Popular Paneer (Indian Cottage Cheese) Recipe. It is a dry gravy-based dish that is cooked with bell pepper and served with the Naan, Paratha, or Tandoori Roti. Actually, Kadai is a Hindi word of ‘Indian Wok’. This recipe is always prepared in Wok. The Gravy of Kadai Paneer is prepared with Onion and Tomatoes i.e thick gravy with some spices. It is delicious and one of my favorite dishes of all time.
Here I am going to share a very easy and tasty recipe of Kadai Paneer. In this recipe, I am using very simple and mild flavors in the gravy of Kadai Paneer. I thought that any Paneer (Indian Cottage Cheese) dish is the soul of a Vegetarian Dinner/Lunch Party. Every Party is incomplete if Paneer is missing from the buffet.
Kadai Paneer is the main course dish that you can see in every Indian Restaurant’s menu in all over the world. Most of people thought that Shahi Paneer, Paneer Makhani, Paneer Butter Masala, and Kadai Paneer are similar Paneer dishes. But no, these are different dishes. The way of cooking, ingredients, and most important taste is different from each other.
I am going to explain the full recipe of Kadai Paneer down below. I hope you like and try this recipe and don’t forget to share your experience in the comment section below.
Check out more Paneer recipes:
- Paneer Tikka
- Palak Paneer
- Paneer Bhurji
- Matar Paneer
- Chilli Paneer
- Dal Bukhara
- Momos Chutney
- Matar Mushroom
- Punjabi Dum Aloo
- Indian Wok
- 200 gm Paneer (Indian Cottage Cheese)
- 4-5 Finely Chopped Onions
- 1 tsp Jeera (Cumin Seeds)
- 4-5 Garlic Cloves
- 1 chopped green chilli
- 1 inch Ginger
- 2 Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 sliced Bell Peppar
- ½ tbsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tbsp Kashmiri Lal Mirch (Red Chiili Powder)
- 1 tbsp Dhania Powder (Coriander Powder)
- 1 cup milk
- Some Kasturi Methi
- 1 tsp Kitchen King Masala (optional)
- Take a pan, add oil and jeera in it. Then add chopped onions, ginger-garlic and chopped green chilli in the pan.
- Let it cook the onions then add chopped tomatoes in it. Mix it.
- Then add all masala and sliced bell peppar in the pan. Let cook the masala perfectly.
- Then add 1 cup of milk, mix it and add kastori methi in it.
- Lastly, add diced Paneer in it. and 1 tsp of kitchen king masala. Stir it.
- Kadai Paneer is now ready to serve.
How To Make Kadai Paneer Easily (in detail):
- Take a pan and add oil, 1 tsp of jeera (cumin seeds) in it.
- Then add 4-5 finely chopped onions and ginger-garlic and green chilli in it. Let it cook until the onions change their color into light brown.
- After that add 2 Chopped Tomatoes in the pan.
- Add 1 sliced bell pepper, ½ tbsp of Turmeric powder, 1 tbsp of coriander powder, Red Chilli Powder, and salt to taste. Mix it very well and let it cook on medium flame.
- Then add 1 cup of milk in it. Mix it.
- Add Kasturi methi in the pan.
- After that add diced Paneer (Indian Cottage Cheese) in it. Give it a good mix.
- Lastly, add 1 tbsp of Kitchen King Masala if you want. It is totally Optional.
- Now, Delicious Kadai Paneer is ready to serve with your favorite Indian bread like Naan, Laccha Parantha, or Tandoori Roti. You can also serve it even with Rice.