Soya Chaap is popular food these days in North India. Tandoori Soya Chaap Tikka is a delicious starter recipe which is loved by everyone. Soya Chaap is made up of soybean that is a healthy snack recipe full of protein. I love tandoori recipes that will give a natural smoky flavor to the dish.
The most interesting part of the making of Tandoori Chaap is marinating the soya chaap. Marinations is the soul of this tikka, which will help to make chaap more tempting and flavorful because Soya Chaap has no flavor of its own. So you can make delicious marination to give flavors to the Chaap.
Without marination, it tastes nothing and you might not like to try soya chaap again. So you have to leave the marinated chaap for at least 30 minutes or more because it takes little time to observe all the spices in the chaap. It is so easy to make marinations for Tandoori Soya Chaap Tikka. I’ll explain it below in detail.
Here I am using readymade frozen chaap, it easily available in the market, in case you don’t get it from the market then you can buy it from online. It is definitely available on online pantry like Amazon or BigBasket.
The most challenging part of making Soya Chaap tikka is the roasting of Soya Chaap. There is a lot of ways to roast chaap like on the electric tandoor, Oven, Electric Grill. The gas stove is the most common and also so easy way to roast Soya chaap Tikka. But all these don’t give a natural smoky flavor to the chaap and also leave the chaap uncooked from inside.
Some people can also use the Hot Coal trick to give smoky flavor in the chaap. They place hot coal with some desi ghee on top of the hot coal in between the marinated chaap. That is also a good way to get a smoky flavor if don’t have the real tandoor.
But, roasting Chaap on tandoor is always best. That will give a delicious natural smoky flavor to the Chaap. This is my favorite and always better option to make tandoori Chaap Tikka. No other way can replace that to get that smoky and natural flavor.
Tandoori Chaap Tikka is served with green Chutney and some onion salad. You can also make Cream Salad if you want but if you are a calorie conscious person, you should ignore it. But it tastes so yummy.
I’ll explain the full recipe of Tandoori Chaap Tikka below. I hope you like and try this tikka recipe and share your experience in the comment section below.
Tandoori Soya Chaap Tikka
- 6 Soya Chaap Stick
- ½ cup Hung Curd
- 2 tbsp Fresh Cream
- ½ tbsp Chaat Masala
- ½ tbsp Garlic Paste
- 1 tsp Ajwain (Powder)
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds powder
- ½ tsp Kashimiri Red Chilli Powder
- Kasturi Methi
- Pinch of Amchur
- Salt to Taste
- Some sliced Onions
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- ½ tbsp Turmeric Powder
- Firstly boil the soya chaap in salt water. Then remove the stick from the chaat and cut it into dices.
- Take a bowl and add hund curd and cream, butter, garlic paste and all spices in the bowl. Mix it.
- Then add diced chaap in it. Mix it very well.
- Leave it for at least 30 minutes or more.
- After 30 minutes, put marinated chaap in to the seekh. Roast it.
- Then Put all the roasted chaap in the bowl and add cream, melted butter, chaat masala, salt, red chilli, sliced onions and lemon juice. give it a good mix.
- Tandoori Soya Chaap is now ready to serve with green chilli and onions salad.
How To Make Tandoori Soya Chaap Step By Step (in detail):
- These are the ingredients I am going to use in this Soya Chaap Tikka.
- Firstly, rinse and boil soya chaap in the salt water until it easily comes out from the stick. Then remove sticks from soya chaap and cut them into dices.
- Now take a bowl and add ½ cup of hung curd, 1 tbsp cream, ½ tbsp of garlic paste, and add all spices in the bowl. Mix it very well.
- Now add diced chaap and melted butter in the bowl and mix it very well.
- Leave it for 30 minutes or more if you want that will help to absorb all the spices in the chaap.
- Now it’s time to roast it. Here I am going to share two ways to roast soya chaap at home:
- You can Roast it on Gas Stove. It is one of the easy ways to roast chaap. But it doesn’t give a smoky flavor in the chaap.
- You can also roast it on the tandoor. Here I am going to share, how you can easily roast chaap in tandoor. Simply place the grill on the tandoor and then place marinated chaap on it. Cover it with a steel plate and wait. If chaap is stick on the grill then greece some butter on the grill before placing the chaap. When you notice the black spot on the chaap. That means chaap is completely done. Now kept aside in a separate plate.
The method of roasting chaap on Tandoor is my favorite and it also gives natural smoky flavors to the chaap.
Now it is time for mixing all the masalas and ingredients. This is the time where magic happens.
- Now take a bowl and add roasted chaap and adds 2 tbsp of cream, melted butter.
- Add Chaat masala, red chilli powder, Sliced onions, lemon juice, and, green chutney in it. Green Chutney is totally optional, you can skip it if you want.
- Delicious Tandoori Soya Chaap is now ready to serve with green chutney and onion salad.