So, before talking about the Paneer Tikka recipe, firstly I’ll explain, “What is Tikka?” Tikka basically means anything that is marinated and roasted on direct flame. As we know different kinds of Veg tikka like Mushroom Tikka, Soya Chaap Tikka, Aloo-Gobi Tikka. Here, I am going to share a recipe of Paneer Tikka. Whenever we talk about Tikkas, Paneer Tikka first comes to the mind of vegetarians.
Paneer Tikka is a vegetarian version of chicken tikka. It is popularly served in so many Indian restaurants all over the world. Paneer Tikka is always served dry by squeezing lemon on top of tikka with coriander chutney. There is no extra gravy is prepare for Paneer Tikka.
There are so many ways to make Paneer Tikka, you can prepare it in the oven, Tava, but roasted on a gas stove is one of the easy ways to make Paneer Tikka. But traditionally it is prepared on Tandoor or barbeque.
Along with Paneer (cottage cheese), bell pepper and onions are also marinated and inserted into the skewer. This marination is prepared with hung or thick curd with a lot of spices.
The good thing about Paneer Tikka is that it is juicy by nature, you don’t need to add a lot of butter to it. But one thing you have to keep in mind at the time of roasting is that you don’t overcook the Paneer otherwise, it becomes rubbery and hard to chew, this will ruin the flavor of Paneer Tikka. Here we need a soft juicy Paneer.
I’ll explain the full recipe of Paneer Tikka down below. I hope you like and try the recipe and share your experience in the comment section below.
- 200 gm Paneer (Cottage Cheese)
- 1 cup Hung Curd
- 2 tbsp Mustard oil
- 1 tbsp Roasted Gram Flour (Besan)
- 1 tbsp Black pepper
- 1 tbsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 tbsp Chaat Masala
- 1 tbsp Roasted Jeera Powder
- 1 tbsp Turmeric Powder (Haldi)
- 1 tbsp Dhania Powder
- Salt To Taste
- ½ tbsp Garlic Paste
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- Kasturi Methi
- 1 cup Diced Bell Peppar
- 1 cup Diced Onions
- 1 tbsp Kitchen King Masala
- Take a bowl and add hung curd and all the spices in it.
- Then add garlic paste and roasted besan.
- After that add Dice Paneer, bell pepper, and onions in it.
- Mix it and leave it for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours insert paneer chunks bell pepper, onions in skewer.
- Roast it directly on gas stove.
- Paneer Tikka is ready to enjoy with green chutney.
How To Make Paneer Tikka Recipe (in detail):
Preparing a Marination:
- Take a bowl and add hung curd, 1 tbsp of red chili powder, 1 tbsp of turmeric, 1 tbsp of roasted jeera, and salt to taste. Mix it well.
- Then add 1 tbsp of chaat masala, Kasturi methi, 1 tbsp of kitchen king masala, 1 tbsp of black pepper powder.
- Now add 1 tbsp of roasted Besan and ½ tbsp of garlic paste.
- Then add hot mustard oil and ½ tbsp of Dhania powder.
- Mix all ingredients together and add diced bell pepper, Onions, and Paneer cubes in it.
- Lastly, squeeze lemon on it. Leave it for almost 2 hours.
Roasting the Marinated Paneer for Tikka:
- Take 1 piece of onions, paneer, bell pepper insert it one by one in the skewer (See picture below).
- Do it the same to the leftover paneer.
- Now roast it directly on the flame. This is the easiest method of making paneer tikka. You can roast it on a Tandoor, barbeque, oven. It doesn’t affect the taste of Paneer Tikka.
- Paneer Tikka is now ready to serve with green chutney, onions salad, and don’t forget to squeeze lemon on it.
- Do not use raw mustard oil in the marination. Instead, heat the mustard oil until it gets almost transparent and looks more like refined oil.
- You can also use tomato along with bell pepper, onions.
- Do not overcook the paneer tikka. Remove the Paneer from the flame as soon as you see black burnt spots.
- If you don’t skewers, you can also cook it in a Pan or tava. You can also Tongs if you want to cook on direct flame.
- Paneer Tikka tastes better when cooked in Tandoor or Barbeque. If you have that option, you can skip the Gas Stove option.
- Always roast the besan before adding it to marination. It will help in binding all the spices with paneer and other veggies.