Momos is a popular & most loved street food of north India. What makes momos taste even better is that Red Spicy Chutney. Here I am going to share a recipe of bright red chutney that is served with momos. Momos Chutney is a spicy chutney that tastes so delicious with momos or steamed dumplings. We have already shared the Momos Recipe here.
Momos Chutney is prepared with ripe juicy tomatoes, Dry red chili, garlic and some spices. Dry Chilli is the main ingredient of Momos chutney. The good thing about making Momos at home is you can easily balance out the spiciness of momos chutney with sugar or honey otherwise, readymade chutneys from Street Food vendors are way too spicy.
I mostly have momos in the winter season because of this spicy chutney. Hot spicy Steamed Momos in chilly winter is the best time to enjoy. I’ll suggest keeping this spicy chutney away from children or if you ever serve it to them then increase the amount of sugar while preparing it.
I hope you like and try this Momos Chutney and share your experience in the comment section below.
Check out the more recipe:
- Green Chutney (Coriander Chutney)
- Paneer Tikka
- Tamarind Chutney
- Veg Cheese Sandwich
- Khasta Kachori
- Peri-Peri Sauce Pasta
- Hakka Noodles
- Pav Bhaji
- Coconut Chutney
- Tandoori Soya Chaap Tikka
- Masala Corn
- 10-15 Dry Red Chilli
- 2 Tomatoes
- 6-7 Garlic Cloves
- 1 tbsp Black Peppar
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tbsp Salt To Taste
- ½ tbsp Cumin seeds
- Firstly soak a dry chilli hot water for 20 min and boil a 2 tomatoes.
- Then peel the skin of tomatoes and mash it.
- Then add mash tomatoes, garlic and soaked red chilli in themixing jar.
- Along with tomatoes and chilli also add black peppar and salt in it.
- Now make fine paste. then heat a pan and add 1 tbsp of oil and garlic then add chilli-tomato pastes in it.
- Add 1 tbsp of sugar. Let it cook.
- Spicy Momos Chutney is now ready to serve with hot steamed Momos.
How To Make Momos Chutney (in detail):
- Firstly soaked a dry red chili in a hot water and boil tomatoes.
- When Tomatoes are boiled then peel the skin of tomatoes and roughly mash it.
- After that add soaked red chili, tomatoes, and some garlic cloves in a mixing jar.
- Now add 1 tbsp of salt and 1 tbsp of Black Peppar in it.
- Make a fine Paste of this mixture.
- Now heat a pan and add oil and ½ tbsp of cumin seeds and 1 tbsp of Garlic in it. This step is completely optional, you can skip it if you want. I have done it because I don’t like the taste of raw garlic.
- Then add that sauce that we made.
- After that, add 1½ tbsp of sugar. Here I am adding a little extra sugar because red chili is already very spicy, you can adjust the amount of sugar according to your taste.
- Now let it cook on low-medium flame for a while and then serve it with hot steamed momos or you can also serve it with chilla, it tastes so delicious with anything you like.