Sev is a gram flour deep-fried crispy noodles that first originated from Bikaner, Rajasthan. Sev is a kind of snack that you can have any time you want, there is no perfect time to enjoy Sev. There are a lot of different varieties of Sev is available in the market and Ratlami Sev is one of them. I’m using Ratlam Sev for Sev Tamatar Sabzi recipe because thick and doesn’t dissolve in the sabzi.
Here I am going to share a recipe of Tamater Sev ki sabzi, Sev that is using in this sabzi is thicker than the regular one. This Sev is called Ratlami Sev. You can easily get it from the grocery store or online store. If you are living outside India then you can easily buy it from the local Indian grocery store or even from Amazon Pantry.
Sev Tamatar is a popular Sabji in Rajasthan, this sabzi is also popularly served in Rajasthani Restaurants and Dhabas. The first time, I try this Sev Tamatar ki Sabzi in Jaipur. I don’t remember the exact place but the taste of Tamatar Sev was so amazing.
The masala of this Sabzi is prepared with tomatoes and onions, no other vegetable is used in this recipe. There is no use of any dairy product to make that creamy and silky texture, it’s all-natural. Sev Tamatar ki sabzi is always served fresh with hot chapati otherwise Sev becomes soggy and it will lose its crunch and taste.
It is an easy and instant recipe. You can make this sabzi when you don’t have any vegetables in your refrigerator and you feel lazy to go out for buying vegetables. Sev Tamatar has tangy and little sweet flavors and you will definitely enjoy it for lunch or even dinner. I am sharing the full recipe of Sev Tamatar below.
I hope you like and try this Rajasthani Sev Tamatar and share your experience in the comment section below.
Check out more recipes:
- ½ tbsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 2 Chopped Onions
- 1 chopped green chilli
- 4 chopped peel tomatoes
- 1 tbsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- Kasturi methi
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp Kitchen king masala
- 1 cup Ratlami Sev
- Heat a pan and add oil, cumin seeds, and garlic.
- Now add Chopped onions and cook it for a while.
- Then add chopped tomatoes. Mix it well and let it cook.
- After that add salt, turmeric, and red chilli in it.
- Mix it and add little bit of water and cook it.
- Then add Sev in it mix it well and lastly add little bit of sugar.
- Mix it well and serve it with hot chapati.
How To Make Rajasthani Sev Tamatar ki Sabzi
Follow the easy steps for cooking the delicious Sev tamatar ki sabzi:
- Firstly, heat a pan and add oil, ½ tbsp of jeera (cumin seeds), 1 tsp of garlic, and chopped green chili.
- Then add 2 cups of finely chopped onions and let it cook until it turns transparent.
- After that add 4 chopped peel tomatoes. Here I peel the skin of tomatoes because I don’t like it in any Sabzi. You can skip peeling if you want. let it cook for 5 min.
- Now it’s time to add the masala. Add 1 tbsp of turmeric powder, 1 tsp of red chili powder, Kasturi methi, 1 tbsp of kitchen king masala (optional), and salt to taste.
- Mix it well and a little bit of water.
- Now add Sev in the masala. Mix it very well.
- Lastly, add a pinch of sugar that will help to balance out the flavors.
- Rajasthani Sev Tamatar is ready to serve with hot chapati and yes, don’t forget to garnish it with desi ghee.
- You should always serve this Sabzi hot and fresh otherwise sev become soggy and it negatively affects the taste.
- If you are adding peeled tomatoes in Sev Tamatar masala then it will give a naturally creamy texture to the sabzi.
- You should always add a pinch of sugar or brown sugar or jaggery in Sev Tamatar. This will balance out the flavors.