Bhel Puri recipe is a low-calorie lip-smacking Chaat which is very popular Indian street food, especially on the beaches of Mumbai. Whenever I think about BhelPuri, Chowpatti, or Juhu beach first comes to my mind. You can also say Bhel Puri, ‘a beach snack’, people come to the beach and enjoy Bhel Puri and other chaats.
There are a lot of chaats and snacks sold on side of the Juhu or Chowpatty beach in Mumbai like Sev puri, Pav bhaji, Pani-puri, Dabeli, and Sambar–Vada but Bhel Puri and Sev Puri are the most popular snack of Chowpatty beach.
Not just in Mumbai, Bhel Puri is now popular all over India. It is prepared with puffed rice that is tossed with chutneys, onions, tomatoes, coriander leaves, some peanuts, sev, lemon juice, and some masalas. There are also a lot of other things added in Bhel puri chaat that I will talk about later in this Bhel Puri recipe.
Bhel Puri is a healthy snack that is mostly enjoyed in the evenings. It is loved by almost every person irrespective of age group. I think every person has some kind of memory of Bhel Puri. It is a sweet, tangy, and spicy kind of flavor, when anyone experiences all three flavors in one bite, that may be like heaven. The first bite of Bhel Puri is just ‘Wow’.
There are total of three Chutneys added in the Bhel Puri i.e Sweet Chutney, Spicy garlic Chutney, and Green Chutney. You can also add Tamarind Chutney in Bhel Puri. But Here I am going to add instant Amchur Chutney, which is so easy to prepare and also tastes tangy & delicious.
Jhaalmuri and Churumuri are also kind of snack that is similar to the Bhel-Puri. But Unfortunately, I never tried these two snacks. Bhel Puri Chaat is very commonly made at my home. Bhel Puri is instant healthy snack recipe anyone can enjoy at any time of day.
Here I am going to share a full recipe of Bhel Puri. I hope you like and try this Bhel Puri Chaat recipe and don’t forget to share your experience in the comment section below.
Check out more recipes:
Bhel Puri Chaat
- 1 Chopped Onion
- 1 Chopped Tomatoes
- Handful of chopped Coriander Leaves
- 2 cups RicePuff
- Some Peanuts
- 1 cup Sev
- ½ cup Masala Boondi
- 1 tbsp Green Chutney
- 1 cup Fried Moong Dal
- 1 tsp spicy chutney
- Sweet Amchur Chutney
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp Chaat Masala
- Salt as per taste
Ingredients for Sweet Chutney
- 1 tbsp Amchur
- 1 tbsp Powdered Sugar
- 1 tsp Bhuna Jeera
- 1 tsp Kashmiri Lal Mirch (Red Chilli Powder)
- 1 tsp Chaat Masala
- Pinch of Black peppar
- 1-2 tsbp Water
Instruction for Sweet Chutney
- Add all masalas and powdered sugar in small bowl.
- Mix all dry masalas and then add 1-2 tbsp of water in it. Mix it well.
- Simple and Instant Sweet Chutney is ready to add in Bhel Puri.
Instruction to make Bhel Puri Chaat
- Take a Large bowl and add 2 cups of Rice Puff.
- Add Chopped Onions, Tomatoes, and Coriander leaves in it.
- Then add masala boondi, Fried Moong dal, peanuts, and sev in the bowl.
- After that add all three chutneys on top of it. Mix it together.
- Then add Chaat Masala, lemon juice,and salt to taste
- Mix it very well. Bhel Puri Chaat is now reay to serve.
How To Make Bhel Puri Chaat Recipe in detail:
Preparation of Sweet Chutney for Bhel Puri:
- Take a small bowl and add 1 tbsp of amchur powder, 1 tbsp of powdered sugar, 1tsp of bhuna jeera, 1 tsp of Kashmiri Lal Mirch (red chilli powder), 1 tsp of Black Pepper, and 1 tsp of Chaat Masala in it.
- Then add 1-2 tbsp of water and mix it well.
- Very Simple and Instant Sweet Chutney is now ready to add in Bhel puri chaat.
Preparation of Bhel Puri Chaat:
- These are the all ingredients I am going to add in Bhel Puri Chaat. You can add more ingredients according to your taste and preferences.
- Take a large bowl and add 2 cups of rice puff in it. You need to roast the rice puff if they are not crisp, here I am not roasting them because they are already crispy. Add Chopped onions, Tomatoes, and coriander leaves on top of the rice puff.
- Now I am adding some peanuts, 1 cup of sev, 1 cup of masala Boondi, and half cup of fried moong dal in it.
- Add 1 tbsp of green chutney, 1 or half tbsp of spicy chutney, and Sweet Chutney in it. Mix it.
- After adding all these now add 1 tbsp of chaat masala and salt to taste.
- Add 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
- Lastly, give it a good mix and Delicious Bhel Puri Chaat is ready to serve. You should serve immediately otherwise rice puff becomes soggy because of the water content in chutneys. That sogginess definitely affects the taste of the Bhel Puri.
- You can also add jaggery in sweet chutney in place of powdered sugar. But keep in mind, If you are adding jaggery to sweet chutney then you should cook it for a while.
- You can also add tamarind chutney in place of Amchur Chutney.
- You can also add more ingredients to the Bhel puri if you want like boiled potatoes, Masala Chana Dal, grated raw mangoes, carrots, cabbage, chopped green chili, etc. The more you’ll add, it enhances the flavor.
- You should roast a rice puff if they are not crisp. After roasting it, let it rest to cool down before adding it to a Bhel Puri.
- Lastly, don’t forget to serve immediately.