Jalebi is the Indian sweet that is spiral round in looking dunk in the sugar syrup. Every person has different opinions about the serving of the Jalebi. Some places in India serve Jalebi with Poha, and Fafda (Gujarati snack) for breakfast, and some serve Jalebi with Rabri and that combination is my favorite.
I love Rabri Jalebi, Once you have it, it becomes an addiction. Jalebi is sweet that’s why it is preferred for breakfast in some places because that gives you energy for the whole day. But according to me, it is just sweet just like other sweets that you can have any time you want.
Jalebi is commonly available in the Mithai (Sweet) shop and also sells on the carts. You will hardly find anyone who doesn’t like Jalebi. It is so crispy, juicy, and tasty. Here I am going to share a recipe for crispy Jalebi at home. Honestly, this is the first time that we have tried Jalebi at home. You can easily make it by yourself but before making Jalebi at home there are some tips that you should always keep in mind:
- The batter of Jalebi should be neither thick nor thin. If the batter is too thick then there will be no crispness in the jalebi, it becomes soggy. If the batter is too thin, that would be difficult to get that perfect spiral round shape of the Jalebi.
- You can also use the squeezy tomato ketchup bottle for putting the batter in the desi ghee but there I am using a simple plastic packet.
- The syrup of the Jalebi should be one string otherwise jalebi will not absorb the syrup and would not give the juicy flavor. You should always dunk Jalebi in warm syrup.
- Fermenting of jalebi batter also depends on the temperature of your city. Here I am making Jalebi in the summer season so it doesn’t take a lot of time in fermentation. But in the winter season it takes 12-13 hours in fermentation. In the winter season it takes more time to ferment and vice versa.
I’ll explain the full recipe of crispy Jalebi below. It is a quick recipe for Jalebi. I hope you like and try this delicious Jalebi recipe and don’t forget to share your experience in the comment section below.
Check out the other dessert recipes:
- Rice Kheer Recipe
- Makki Ke Atte Ka Halwa
- Carrot Halwa
- Malai Peda Recipe
- Besan Ladoo
- Gond Ke Ladoo
- Seviyan Kheer
Ingredients for Jalebi Batter
- 1½ Cup Maida (All purpose flour)
- Pinch of baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- enough water for batter
Ingredients for Jalebi Syrup
- 2 Cardamom
- 1 cup Sugar
- Some Safron threads
- 2 cup Water
- Pinch of Food Color (Optional)
Batter for Jalebi
- Add maida in the vessel and add pinch of baking powder salt in the maida.
- Mix all ingredients and add water in the maida.
- Stir it and add water in small intervals make medium consistency batter.
- Cover it and leave for 1 hour in summer.
Syrup for Jalebi
- Boil 2 cup of water.
- then add 1 cup of sugar in it and stir.
- add saffron and cardamom in it. Boil until it reaches the 1 string consistency.
How to make Jalebi
- Heat ghee in the pan.
- Now take any packet cut it for the top and add batter in the packet and cut it from the corner.
- squeez it in the circular motions in the hot ghee.
- When it's fry then instantly add in the sugar syrup.
- Finally, Jalebi is ready to serve.
How to make Jalebi (in detail)
The batter for Jalebi:
- Add 1½ cup of Maida in the bowl and add a pinch of baking powder and salt in it. Mix it well.
- Then add water in some intervals stir it well and make a medium consistency. Neither too thick nor too thin.
- Cover it with a lid and leave for 1 hour.
How to make Syrup For Jalebi:
- These are the all ingredients that you need to make Syrup for jalebi.
- Add 2 cups of water and 1 cup of sugar in the vessel. Let it boil.
- When sugar is completely dissolved in the water then add Saffron and crushed cardamom (Elaichi) and food color (optional) in it.
- Boil it until it reaches the 1-string consistency. It should not be too thick or too thin.
- The syrup is done now it’s time to fry jalebi.
- Heat desi ghee in the pan.
- Then take any plastic packet and cut from the top and fill it with the batter and secure it with a rubber band then give a small cut from the corner. Jalebi Piping is ready now squeeze it in a round circular motion directly in the pan and fry it.
- When one side is fried the flip to the other side.
- Both sides are fried and crisp the directly put in the sugar syrup.
- When the syrup is completely absorbed in the Jalebi then keep it aside in the plate. Do the same to all pending batter. Juicy crispy and tasty Jalebi is now ready to serve.