A Potato Sandwich is an easy and simple sandwich that is perfect for breakfast. In our busy schedule, most of us don’t have enough time to have a healthy and filling breakfast in the morning. This sandwich first comes to mind whenever we are getting late for work or confused about kids’ school lunch box. Because aloo sandwich is a quick, tasty, healthy, and most importantly everyone’s favorite breakfast.
This Aloo Sandwich is not just an ordinary sandwich for me because I have a lot of memories with this sandwich. The taste of this sandwich takes me to school time when my mother packs this aloo sandwich in my lunch box. I still have childhood nostalgic memories of this sandwich.
The combination of grilled bread with potatoes, onions, and tomatoes are so amazing. The flavor of the sandwich is enhanced when you add some chopped green chili to it. You can skip green chili if you are making this for kids. The taste of the sandwich is kind of a desi Indian flavor, there is nothing fancy in it. You can also enjoy it in the evening time with a hot cup of tea or coffee.
Aloo Sandwich is the Indian version of the sandwich. In this recipe, potatoes are boiled and add some spices, onions, and tomatoes, when the potato filling is ready spread it on a slice of bread with some green and red chutney. I mostly use whole wheat bread instead of white bread. It’s totally up to you what kind of bread you prefer.
I’ll explain the detailed recipe for the Aloo Sandwich. I hope you like and try this Sandwich recipe and share your experience in the comment section below.
Check out more easy breakfast recipes:
Aloo Sandwich recipe
- 4-5 Boiled Potatoes
- 1 Chopped Onions
- 1 Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 finely chopped green chilli
- 1 tsp Dhania Powder
- 1 tsp Red Chilli powder
- Sprinkle some black peppar
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp Kitchen king masala
- Green Chutney
- Tomato Sauce
- Brown Bread
- Take a bowl and add boiled potatoes and mash it.
- Add 1 cup of finely chopped onions, 1 chopped tomato and green chilli in it.
- Then add all the masalas in it. Mix it very well.
- Now take a 2 slice of bread and spread green chutney and tomato sauce in the bread.
- Then spread potato filling in it.
- Heat a grilled pan and add some ghee on top of the pan. you can also add butter if you want. Then place a bread on it. Toast it untill it turns golden brown
- Cut it into half and serve it with tomato sauce and hot cup of tea or coffee.
How to make Aloo Sandwich in detail:
- Take a bowl add boiled potatoes in it and mash it properly.
- Add 1 cup of finely chopped onions, 1 chopped tomato and green chili in it.
- Then add 1 tsp of dhania (coriander) powder, 1 tsp of red chili powder, 1 tsp of black pepper, 1 tsp of kitchen king masala (optional), and salt to taste.
- Mix it well. Aloo sandwich filling is ready.
- Now take 2 slices of brown bread and add some green chutney and tomato sauce. (as you see in the picture below)
- Then spread potato filling on 1 side of the bread.
- After that place one bread slice on top of the other slice and make a sandwich.
- Heat a grilled pan and spread some ghee and place a sandwich on it.
- Toast it until it turns golden brown.
- Cut it in half. Now it’s ready to enjoy with tomato sauce and a hot cup of tea or coffee.