Momos is a Tibetan dish which is now popular all over the world. But in India, people have a different kind of obsession for Momos, especially among teenagers. Everyone, from almost every age group, just loves to have hot steamed momos with spicy red chutney.
Different varieties of momos are served in different cafés and restaurants. You will even find fried momos, tandoori momos, Kurkure momos, etc. on roadside carts. Each one has a different style of preparing Momos but I prefer steamed homemade momos. I am not trying to brag but I like my own, homemade steamed momos than any other momos available in the market. It feels fresh and tastes amazing.
Veg Momos are already shared you can check it but on this blog post, I am going to share a Paneer Veg Momos. Adding Paneer to the filling of momos gives a little creamy and juicy texture to the momos which also tastes much better.
Momos are a tasty option that you can have as a snack but only in limited serving because the outer sheet of the momos is made with plain, refined maida which is not good for your health. You can use whole wheat flour as a base but no doubt it affects the taste of the momos. I tried it once with whole wheat flour for a Momos shell and it didn’t taste that good.
Momos are covered with a plain maida (all-purpose flour) sheet filled with garlicky veggies and paneer (cottage cheese) and steamed until it turns shiny in look. Steaming momos is easy at home and steaming is easier and healthier than frying.
I am sharing a Tasty and Easy method of making Veg Paneer Momos that you can easily prepare by yourself. With this method, you can prepare all momos in even and the same size. Here I am preparing it in 2 shapes. You can try more shapes of momos if you want. In my previous blog post, I tried 4-5 shapes of momos that you should definitely check.
Check out more Paneer Recipes:
Veg Paneer Momos
For Momos Sheet
- 1 cup Maida
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp oil
- Enough water to knead a soft dough
For Momos Filling
- 1 Full grated Cabbage
- 2 Finely chopped Onions
- 200 gm Paneer (cottage cheese)
- 4-5 Garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp Black Peppar
- Salt To Taste
Preparing Dough for Momos
- Add 1 cup of maida (all-purpose flour) in the bowl and add salt and oil.
- Then add enough water to make a soft dough.
Prepare a filling for Momos
- Take a pan and oil and garlic in it.
- Then add a finely chopped onions and after sometime add chopped cabbage.
- When cabbage is perfectly cooked and veggies water getting dry then add crushed Paneer, 1 tsp of black peppar, and salt in it
- Momos filling is ready now it time to make a Momos.
- Take a dough and roll it in cylindrical shape and cut the small pieces.
- Now take a small pieces of dough and roll it with the help of rolling pin.
- Then place 1 tbsp of filling on top of sheet and shape it in a desired manner.
- Do it to the rest of dough.
- Now place a prepared momos in steamer and wait for 10-15 minutes.
- Hot Steam Paneer Momos are ready to enjoy with spicy chutney.
How To Make Veg Paneer Momos at Home:
I hope you like and try this Veg Paneer Momos recipe and don’t forget to share your experience in the comment section below.
Preparing Dough For Momos Sheet:
- Take a vessel and add 1 cup of maida (all-purpose flour), salt, and oil.
- Add enough water to make a soft dough.
- The dough is ready now let it rest for 10-15 minutes.
Preparing Filling for Paneer Momos:
- Take a pan and add 1 tbsp of garlic and onions. Let it cook.
- Then add 1 full, finely chopped cabbage in it. Cook until the water released from the veggies gets completely dry.
- Then add 1 tsp of black pepper and salt to taste.
- After that add 200 gm of crushed Paneer. Mix it well.
- The filling for Momos is ready. Now it’s time to make a Momos.
Making of Momos:
- Take a big part of the dough and roll it in a cylindrical shape. Cut it into small pieces. I learn this technique from the internet that will help to make your momo sheet thin and momos are even and the same size.
- Take that small piece and roll it with the help of a rolling pin. You can dust dry flour if the dough is sticking on the rolling board.
- Now place 1 tbsp of filling in the center and give it the desired shape.
- Here I am making triangles and half moon shape momos. After that, heat a steamer and place ready momos without touching each other.
- Steam it for 10 minutes. The first sign you’ll see is that the top layer of momos looks shiny a little darker and cooked.
- Hot Veg Paneer Momos are ready to serve with red spicy Chutney.