Chilli Paneer recipe is Indo-Chinese cuisine consists of fresh Paneer, capsicum and few sauces. Chilli Paneer is my favorite appetizer that I always order whenever we went for family dinner parties. This is a popular dish in almost every Indian restaurant. Chilli Paneer has different versions like Gravy Chilli Paneer is served as the main course that you can have it with rice, noodles, naan, and even chapati but in this post, I am going share a recipe of Dry Chilli Paneer that you can have as a snack.
This Chilli Paneer recipe is so easy and also tastes just delicious, you can have this dry Chilli Paneer as a snack or appetizer whenever you want. If you are looking for healthy protein recipes, this can be your recipe.
In the authentic Chilli Paneer, the paneer is cut into small cubes and coated with flour, some spices, and shallow fry it. Then tossed with some spicy sauces and some veggies. Chilli Paneer is basically a Vegetarian version of Chilli Chicken.
The recipe that I am going to share is so simple and delicious. In this Chilli Paneer recipe, You can use homemade Paneer, or frozen paneer then you have to soak in lukewarm water for 4-5 minutes before using it. Here we need a super soft Paneer even after shallow fry. That will help to give a soft bite of paneer otherwise it becomes elastic and ruins the flavor of the perfect Chilli Paneer. This is the spicy Chilli Paneer because I like spicy Chilli Paneer but I am not using Ginger Garlic in this recipe. You can add it if you want but it depends on your preferences.
I hope you like and try this Chilli Paneer recipe and don’t forget to share your experience in the comment section below.
Check out other Snacks recipes:
- Noodles Spring roll
- Pav Bhaji
- White Sauce Pasta
- Veg Manchurian
- Veg Frankie
- Khasta Kachori
- Veg Cheese Sandwich
- Aloo Tikki Chaat
- Sev Poori Chaat
- Veg Chowmein
- Gobi Pakore
Chilli Paneer Recipe
For marinating Paneer
- 2 tbsp Corn Flour
- 3 tbsp Maida (all purpose flour)
- Salt as required
- 1 tsp Kashmiri Lal Mirch (red chilli)
For tossing Paneer
- 250 gm Fresh Paneer
- 3 Diced Capsicum
- 2 Diced Onions
- 2 Green Chilli
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsp Tomato Ketchup
- 2 tbsp Red Chilli Sauce
- 1 tsp Kashmiri Red Chilli
- 1 tsp Dhania powder
- Salt to taste
- 1½ tsp Black pepper
- 1 tbsp Corn Flour
- Firstly, soak a Paneer in lukewarm water for 4-5 minutes. Then cut paneer cubes.
- After that, take bowl and add cornflour and maida in the bowl.
- And add 1 tsp of kashmiri Lal Mirch (red chilli) and salt to taste.
- Then add 2-3 tbsp of water in it and mix it well.
- Now dip Paneer cubes in the batter and shallow fry it.
- Add oil in the pan and add green chilli and onions in the pan. let it cook.
- Then add diced capsicum and mix it well. Then add sauces in the pan.
- After that add 1 tsp of kashmiri red chilli and dhania powder, black pepper and salt as required.
- Mix it well, then add shallow fried paneer in it and also add corn flour batter in it.
- Mix it well and let it cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Chilli Paneer is ready to serve to enjoy as appitizer or as a snack.
How to make Chilli Paneer Recipe (in detail):
- Firstly, soak paneer in the lukewarm water for 4-5 minutes. If you are using Frozen Paneer then soak it in the warm water to make Paneer soft. Then Cut it into cubes.
- Then take a bowl and add 2 tbsp cornflour, 3 tbsp of maida, and also add 1 tsp of Kashmiri red chill powder and salt to taste. Mix it well and add some water to make a thick batter.
- Now dip the cubed paneer and shallow fry it.
- When all the Paneer cubes are fried then kept aside in the plate.
Tossing Chilli Paneer:
- Add oil in the pan and add 2 green chili and diced onions in the pan.
- Let it cook for 5-7 minutes, then add diced capsicum in it. Mix it well.
- Then add 1 tbsp of soy sauce, 2 tbsp of tomato ketchup, 2 tbsp of red chili sauce in , 1 tsp of dhania powder, 1 tsp of red chilli powder, and salt to taste. Give it a good mix.
- Now add black pepper in it and mix it well.
- After that add cornflour paste in the pan. Simply add 1 tbsp of cornflour and add water to make it a smooth paste that will give thickness in the Chilli Paneer.
- Now its time add shallow fried paneer in the pan. Give it a good mix. Let it cook for 5 minutes.
- Restaurant-style Chilli Paneer recipe is now ready and ready to serve.
More Paneer Recipes: