Poha is the most common breakfast in Maharashtra, North Karnataka, Telangana, Gujarat and most states of India. In some regions, it also takes as an evening snack. Different regions introduce this recipe with different names like Pohe, Chivda, Aval, Sira or even Kahara Avalakki. Onion Poha Recipe is simple easy and quick it does not take a lot of time to cook. As we know in the busy schedule we don’t have extra time to make a good healthy breakfast. So, Poha is the best option for a healthy breakfast.
Kandha Poha Recipe
- 400 gram Poha
- 2 tbsp Vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp Mustard Seeds(Rai)
- 1 tbsp Turmeric powder(Haldi)
- 1 tbsp Dhania Powder(Corriander powder)
- 1/2 tbsp Red Chilli Powder
- salt(as per your taste)
- 4-5 Fresh Curry Leaves
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 Green Chilli
- Firstly, wash Poha until it becomes soft and easy to break
- Now heat a pan to add a vegetable in it
- Add Mustard Seeds, Fresh Curry Leaves and green chili into the pan, mix it well
- Now add roughly sliced onions into the pan and leave it until it changes the colour into golden brown
- Add Turmeric Powder, Chilli Powder, Corriander Powder, salt to taste
- Mix it well in low flame, Add Washed Poha into the masala
- Add lemon juice on to it and mix it well in low flame
- Your Kandha Poha Recipe is ready to serve with Sev. You can also serve with green chutney, tomato ketchup.
- Do not over soaked Poha in water otherwise your Poha become mushy.
- Green Chilli is totally optional if you like spicy Poha then add it.
- This Poha Recipe is always cooked on low -medium flame, if you cook Poha on high flame your Poha will be stick on the pan.
How to make Onion Poha Recipe step by step with Photo
- Firstly, Take 400- gram Poha, Wash it with clean water until it becomes soft and easy to break.
- Now heat a pan, add 2 tbsp of Vegetable oil into the pan.
- Add 1 tbsp of Mustard seeds(Rai),4-5 Fresh Curry Leave and 1 Green Chilli in the pan.
- After 2- 3 minute, add roughly chopped onions in the pan
- Leave it, until it changes the colour into golden brown
- Add 1 tbsp of turmeric powder, 1 tbsp of coriander powder, 1/2 chilli powder into the pan, salt (as per your taste), mix it well in low flame
- Add washed Poha into the masala
- Add 2 tbsp of lemon juice and mix it in low flame
- Your Poha Recipe is ready to serve.
- You can garnish this Poha Recipe with Sev or can also serve with tomato Sauce or Green Chutney.
See More Snacks and Breakfast Recipe: