Nimbu Pani or Shikanji is a popular Indian summer drink. It is a non-alcoholic beverage that is made with Nimbu (Lemon) and some other spices. It is familiar to almost every Indian household. This drink is also commonly sold on the carts during the summer season. I love chilled Nimbu Pani and this is the perfect way to escape from the hot summer.
Don’t be confused between Shikanji and Nimbu Pani it is the same thing, there is no difference between both. It is the same drink with two different names. It is also called ‘Indian Lemonade’. Nimbu is Hindi meaning Lemon. This drink is so easy and also doesn’t need a lot of ingredients to make.
According to Ayurveda, smelling the Lemon can make you feel refresh and lemon pickle can cure stomachache and other digestion related problems. It also contains Vitamin C, which is crucial for the immune system of body, hair, skin, teeth, bones. Lemon also helps in weight loss.
Here, I am going to share a recipe for Shikanji or Nimbu Pani. In this Shikanji recipe, I am using Soda in place of water. Normally, water is used in the Nimbu Pani, but personally I like some fizz in it. So, I am going to explain the full recipe of Shikanji below.
- Pressure Cooker
- 1 Lemon
- 1 tsp Black Salt (Kala Namak)
- ½ tsp Regular Salt
- Some Ice Cubes
- 1 cup Sugar Syrup
- Take 1 glass and add 5-6 tbsp of sugar syrup.
- After that squeeze lemon into it.
- Then add 1 tsp of black salt and ½ tsp of regular salt in it.
- Mix all ingredients together and add Ice Cube in the glass. Then add Soda on top of it.
- Refreshing Chilled Shikanji is now ready to enjoy in hot summer.
How To make Nimbu Pani (in detail):
- These are the ingredients that I am going to add in the Shikanji. You can also add Cumin seed powder or black pepper, It is totally optional you can also skip it if you don’t like any of these in this drink. It is delicious in any manner.
- Take 1 glass and add 5-6 tbsp of Sugar Syrup in it. It is so easy to make sugar syrup, simply add 3-4 tbsp of sugar in half glass of lukewarm water and mix it until the sugar is completely dissolved in the water. When sugar is completely dissolved that means sugar syrup is ready.
- Now, Squeeze lemon with the help of a lemon squeezer directly in the glass.
- After that add 1 tsp of black salt and ½ tsp of regular salt in the glass. Mix all ingredients together.
- Then add some ice cubes in the glass.
- Add Soda or water on top of it.
- Shikanji or Nimbu Pani is now ready to enjoy in the hot summer.