Rice Kheer is an essential dessert for every Indian occasion because it has delicious traditional flavour. I can hardly find anyone who doesn’t like Rice Kheer as it has a peckish flavour and creamy texture. Moreover, Rice Kheer recipe is simple and easy to cook because it doesn’t need many ingredients to make. We just need Rice, Milk, Sugar and some dry fruits that’s it. In this dessert, you can also use Basmati Tukda Rice because Basmati Tukda Rice has good flavour as compared to other varieties of rice. You can serve this recipe with Malpua, Jalebi. This Malpua and Rice Kheer combination is delightful. You can serve Rice Kheer recipe either hot or chilled but I personally like to eat when chilled.
Rice Kheer Recipe
Rice Kheer is an Indian Dessert. Rice is cooked in milk and add some dry fruits in it.
- 2 litre Milk
- ⅓ cup Rice
- 1 cup Sugar
- 4-5 Cardamom (elaichi)
- Some dry fruits
- Rinse a Basmati Rice and soak in enough water for 10-15 minutes.
- Take a heavy bottom pan and put 2 litres of milk in the pan or pot.
- Keep the pot on the high flame
- Once milk is perfectly boiled.
- Then add crushed Cardamom (elaichi) into the pot.
- Mix it well, when milk is boiled for the second time then add soaked rice into the pot.
- Mix it very well on low flame and check that rice is not stuck at the bottom of the pot.
- When rice is cooking then there is no need to cover the pot
- When Rice is properly mixed with milk then add sugar in the pot
- Continue cooking the rice on low flame and stir at intervals
- Add some dry fruits on the top of the Rice Kheer
- Rice Kheer is ready to serve
How to make Rice Kheer step by step with photo
- Rinse a 1/2 cup of Basmati Rice and soaked in water for 10-15 minutes
- Meanwhile, when Rice is soaked, take a heavy bottom pot and put a 2 litre of full fat milk in the pot.
- Keep the pot on high flame
- Once, milk is perfectly boiled, then add cardamom (elaichi)
- mix it well, when milk is boiled for the second time then add soaked rice into the pot.
- Mix it continuously for 10 minutes on low flame and check that rice is not getting stuck at the bottom of the pot.
- Don’t cover the pot while rice is getting cooked with the milk. Keep the head of the pot open.
- Rice is perfectly mixed with milk then add 1 cup of sugar in the pan.
- Continue cooking the rice on low flame and stir at intervals.
- Then add some dry fruits on the Rice Kheer.
- And your Rice Kheer Recipe is ready to serve, you can serve Rice Kheer either hot or chilled but Rice Kheer becomes more delicious when it serves chilled.
- For thickness and taste of Kheer, keep the Rice Kheer on low to medium flame for at least 30 minutes before adding sugar. After adding sugar, you will not be able to get that thick consistency of the kheer.
- Keep stirring the kheer after adding Rice that will not allow the rice to get stuck on the bottom of the pot.
- You can also adjust the quantity of sugar and dry fruits as per your taste.
See more Dessert Recipe here:
[…] Rice Kheer Recipe […]
[…] out the other recipes: Crispy Jalebi, Besan Ke Ladoo, Makki ke atte ka Halwa, Seviyan Kheer, Chawal Ki Kheer, Malai Peda, Carrot […]