Seviyan Kheer or Vermicelli Kheer is a pudding that is made up of Vermicelli, milk, sugar, ghee or butter, and some dry fruits. Vermicelli noodles are widely popular all over the world. Seviyan Kheer is also known as Sewai Kheer, Semiya Kheer, Sevaiyan Payasam which is a popular dessert of India. Seviyan Kheer is the most loved dessert, especially in the festive season.
Seviyan Kheer is one of my favorite desserts, the most loved part of this dessert is, its texture. The texture and taste of Seviyan Kheer is so creamy and milky with a lot of dry fruits. The good thing about Vermicelli Kheer is that it is a very easy and quick recipe. You don’t need to do any special preparations for that.
Here I am using homemade Seviyan or Vermicelli for making this Vermicelli Kheer dessert. This homemade Seviyan or Vermicelli is little thick and small-sized as compared to packed Seviyan or Vermicelli. Personally, I love homemade Vermicelli or Seviyan for this dessert recipe because it tastes better than the packed one. You can also use Packed Vermicelli in this Vermicelli Kheer recipe. You can also buy homemade Seviyan from local Kirana shops in your locality.
I’ll explain the full recipe of Seviyan Kheer below. I hope you like and try this recipe and share your experience in the comment section below.
Check out the other dessert recipe:
- Rice Kheer
- Malai Peda
- Gond Ke Ladoo
- Carrot Halwa
- Maize flour Halwa
- Besan Ladoo
- Crispy Jalebi
- Chocolate Donut
- 1 cup Seviyan or Vermicelli
- 2 cup Milk
- 2 tbsp Ghee (Butter)
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2 Crushed Cardamom
- 3-4 Saffron threads
- 2-3 tbsp Chopped Almonds
- Some raisins
- Sliced Fresh Coconut
- Take a pan and add ghee and roast seviyan until it turns golden brown.
- When its completely roast then add milk, cardamon, saffron.
- Let it boil for a while.
- Then add sugar and mix it well.
- Lastly, garnish it with some dry fruits and coconut now Seviyan Kheer is now ready to enjoy.
How to make Seviyan Kheer (in detail):
- Firstly, take a pan and add 2 tbsp of desi ghee and add seviyan or vermicelli in the pan.
- Keep stirring it on medium flame otherwise, it will burn all the Vermicelli and ruins the taste of the dessert. Roast it until it turns into golden brown.
- After that add 2 cups of milk, 2 Crushed Cardamom, and saffron in it. Here I am mixing saffron threads in warm milk for more taste.
- Stir it on medium flame until the consistency of milk is a little thick.
- Then add sugar in it and mix it on low flame.
- Lastly, garnish it with crushed almonds, raisins, and sliced fresh coconut. You can add any of your favorite dry fruits to make this dessert more delicious. Seviyan Kheer is now ready to serve.