Rava Chilla is one of the easiest breakfast recipes. It tastes good and also doesn’t take a lot of time to cook. Rava Chilla recipe is a healthy breakfast and it tastes so good. Rava Chilla and hot cup of coffee is a perfect breakfast combo. It is mostly served with green chutney, coconut chutney or tomato ketchup. It is soft and crispy and a little thick with a lot of veggies. You can add any seasonal vegetables in Rava Chilla to make it healthy and tasty.
Chilla is basically savory pancakes that are made up of Besan (gram flour), Rava (sooji), or other dals (lentils). Besan ka Chilla is also healthy and tasty just like Rava Chilla. Personally I love Chilla or Uttapam kind of dishes at breakfast. Uttapam is South Indian cuisine. The way of making Rava Uttapam is the same as chilla. They both have the same batter and fillings. Here I am not going to talk about Uttapam, this post is all about Veg Rava Chilla.
So, here I am going to share a recipe of Rava Chilla, it is so good in taste and instant breakfast recipe. I’ve explained the full recipe of Rava Chilla below.
I hope you like and try this recipe and share your experience in the comment section below.
- 1 cup Rava (Sooji)
- ½ cup Curd (dahi)
- 1 Chopped Capsicum
- 1 Chopped Tomato
- 1 Chopped Green Chilli
- 1 Chopped onion
- 1 tsp Red chilli powder
- 1 tsp Black pepper
- Salt to taste
- Firstly, take a bowl and add Rava (sooji) and curd in it.
- Now, add 1 tsp of red chilli, black pepper, and salt to taste.
- After that add all the chopped veggies in it. Add enough water to make little thick consistency batter.
- Cover the batter with lid and wait for 5-7 minutes.
- After 5-7 minutes, heat a tava and spread oil on it.
- Now, spread ladleful of batter in the Tava. let it cook for 5 minutes.
- Flip it to the side and let it cook.
- When both sides are cooked that means Rava Chilla is now ready to enjoy with coconut chutney or any other chutney you like.
How To Make Rava Chilla (in detail):
- These are ingredients that we used in the making of Rava Chilla.
- Take a bowl and add 1 cup of Rava (sooji), curd (yogurt) and 1 tsp of red chili powder, 1 tsp of black pepper, and salt to taste.
- After that, add 1 chopped Capsicum, 1 chopped onion, 1 chopped tomato, 1 chopped green chili, in it.
- Mix it well. Now add enough water to make little thick consistency batter.
- Then cover a lid for 5-7 minutes just to have swelled in the sooji that will help to make chilla soft otherwise it becomes hard and doesn’t taste good.
- After 5-7 minutes of resting the batter, heat a tava and spread oil on it.
- Now spread the ladleful batter on hot tava and let it cook.
- Then flip it to the other side.
- When both sides are completely cooked that Chilla is ready to enjoy in the morning with a hot cup of coffee or with coconut, green chutney, or tomato ketchup. Rava Chilla tastes delicious with any sauce or chutney.