Pakode has different names in different regions of India. In the northern side of India, the name is Pakode but on the southern side, it is called bhaji or bajji. It is crispy from the outside little soft from inside. There are different types of Pakode like aloo-pyaaz pakoda, Gobi (cauliflower) pakoda, paneer pakoda, bread pakoda or many others but the main ingredients to make pakode is gram flour (besan), it is a deep-fried snack which is very popular among people in India, Pakistan and other Asian and Middle-East countries. Monsoon is also the best time to enjoy pakode with a hot cup of tea. Pakode and Tea go great during evening tea or even in tea parties.
Gobi Pakoda Recipe Method
Firstly, wash the Gobi florets with hot water and make a smooth consistency batter with Gram Flour (besan) then dip cauliflower florets into the batter and fry little bit in mustard oil and take out half fried pakode from the pan, press it with Katori ((small-bowl) , cut each pakoda into two pieces and refry it. For crispy pakoda, always fry them in Mustard Oil rather than Refined Oil.
Now, Gobi Ke Pakode is ready to serve with chutney, a cup of tea or coffee. Below is the complete Gobi Pakoda recipe with step by step photos.
- 1 cup Gram Flour (Besan)
- 15-16 Cauliflower Florets
- 150 gram Mustard oil
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Coriander(Dhania Powder)
- 1 Chopped green chili
- Some Fresh Coriander(dhania leaves)
- ½ tbsp Baking Soda
- ½ tbsp Chilli Powder
- Take a pan, filled with 1 glass of water and add ½ tbsp of salt
- When water gets boiled, put rinse cauliflower florets for 1-2 minutes, take out of the pan and put in a separate bowl
- Now, take a 1 cup gram flour, add Coriander leaves, baking soda, red chili, coriander powder, chopped green chilli, and salt as per your taste
- Then add required water into the gram flour and make a smooth consistency batter
- Now dip cauliflower florets into the batter
- Take a pan put 150-gram mustard oil for deep frying dipped cauliflower florets
- When it little bit fried then step aside half fried gobi pakode
- Then press it with a small bowl
- and cut each pakoda into two pieces
- when all gobi pakoda is pressed and cut then refry it. This refrying process is to make pakoda crispy.
- drain a gobi pakoda in the paper towel it helps to remove excess oil.
- Serve gobi pakoda with green chutney or tomato sauce.
How to make Gobi Ke Pakode step by step with photos
- Take a pan, filled with 1 glass of water and 1/2 tbsp of salt
- When water gets boiled, put rinse cauliflower florets into the pan for 5 minutes, take out of the pan and put in a separate bowl.
- Now, take a 1 cup of gram flour (besan), add fresh coriander leaves, 1/2 tbsp of baking soda 1\2 tbsp of red chilli powder, coriander powder, chopped green chilli and salt as per your taste
- Then add required amount of water into the gram flour and make smooth consistency batter.
- Now, dip cauliflower floret into the batter.
- take a pan put 150-gram mustard-oil.
- And put batter-dipped cauliflower floret into the hot oil pan.
- Half fry the pakoda and put them on a seperate plate.
- Then press it with a small bowl
- Cut each pakoda into two pieces.
- When all pakoda are pressed and cut then refry it. This refrying process makes gobi pakoda tastier and crispy.
- Drain a Gobi pakoda in the paper towel it will remove the excess oil.
Crispy Gobi Pakoda is now ready to serve. Serve gobi ke pakode with Green chutney or tomato sauce. But here I am serving it with Tomato ketchup.