Moong Moth Sprout Chaat is a popular Chaat on an Indian street. It is one of the most healthy and tasty chaats. Moong Moth sprout chaat is also a good source of protein, it has a lot of health benefits. You can have it at breakfast or as an evening snack. As we know, everybody is health conscious these days and if you are a fitness freak, this sprout chaat is the best option for your evening snack.
The good thing about this chaat is that there is not an authentic way to make this chaat, you can add any vegetables, fruits, or even you can also add chutneys in it. Mostly, Tamarind or green chutney is added in the chaat. It tastes delicious.
It is so easy to make. It takes almost 2 days to perfect sprouting. I’ll explain the full process of making sprouts.
In this sprout chaat, I am going to use two lentils (dal) i.e Moong and Moth. I am adding cucumber, onions, boil potatoes, tomatoes, apples, and some spices. Apple gives the little sweetness in the Chaat and I love these sweet flavors in chaats. As I am saying before that there is no authentic way to make Sprout Chaat. You can add any flavor, you like the most.
I’ll explain the full step-by-step recipe of Moong Moth sprout Chaat below. I hope you like and try this delicious Chaat recipe and don’t forget to share your experience in the comment section below.
Check out the other recipes:
- Aloo Tikki Chaat
- Dahi Bhalle Chaat
- Sev poori Chaat
- Chole Kulche
- White Sauce Pasta
- Masala Corn Chaat
- Veg Cheese Sandwich
- Masala Papad
- Pav Bhaji
Moong Moth Sprout Chaat
- 1 cup Moong Dal
- ½ cup Moth Dal
- ½ cup Chopped Onion
- ½ cup Chopped Tomato
- ½ cup Boiled potato
- ½ cup Chopped apple
- ½ cup chopped Cucumber
- ½ tbsp dhania powder
- ½ tbsp cumin (jeera) powder
- pinch of black salt
- pinch of black peppar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
How to make Moong Moth Sprout
- Firstly, wash both lentils with lukewarm water and soaked it in the water overnight.
- Next morning, drain the water and fold it the cotton cloth cover it completely and leave it for 12 hour to be sprouted.
- After 12 hours, if you can notice the tail of the lentils that means moong moth sprouts are ready for chaat.
How to make Moong Moth Sprout Chaat
- Heat a pan and 1 tbsp of ghee and add sprouts in it and add some spices in it. Cook it until it become soft.
- Then add cooked sprouts in the bowl and add all fruits and veggies, spices and lemon juice in it.
- Give it a good mix. Moong Moth Sprouts Chaat is now ready to serve.
How to Make Moong Moth Sprouts Chaat step by step with photos:
How to make Moong Moth Sprouted:
- Firstly, rinse off both lentils i.e Moong and Moth, and soak it in the water overnight.
- The next morning, drain the water from the lentils (dal). This is how it looks like (See the picture below).
- Cover it completely with a cotton cloth and leave it for 12 hours to be sprouted.
- After 12 hours, if you notice the tails on dal that means Dal is sprouted and ready for Chaat.
How to Make Moong Moth Sprout Chaat:
- Heat a pan and add ghee in it and then add sprouted dal in the pan.
- Then add salt, 1 tsp of jeera powder, 1 tsp of dhania powder in it. Mix it well.
- Cover it with a lid and add some water on top of the lid, let it cook in the steam.
- When dal becomes soft then add it in the bowl.
- Add all chopped veggies and fruits in the bowl.
- Now add ½ tbsp of jeera powder, ½ tsp of chaat masala, a pinch of red chili, and salt to taste.
- Then squeeze half lemon in it. Give it a good mix.
- Tasty and healthy Moong Moth Sprout Chaat is now ready to serve.