Bread Roll is a deep-fried Indian snack that is mostly served with evening chai or tea. If you ever confused about leftover Bread slices in your refrigerator then this recipe is going to save you. It is a simple, easy and crispy recipe that is best for evening Chai (Tea). As we know the evening time is the peak time to crave some delicious snacks. At that time, all you need is to have something instant and tasty. Bread Roll is the best option for that evening craving.
For making Bread Roll, You can use any kind of bread but here I am using plain white bread. The main thing about Bread Rolls is stuffing. For stuffing, you need boiled potatoes and some spices. You can also add Paneer and other vegetables like carrot, cabbage, capsicum with potato. It totally depends on you and what is available in your kitchen at that time. But authentically, boil potato is enough for good stuffing.
Personally, I love this Bread Roll with tomato ketchup but you can have it with green chutney as well. Not only kids, Bread Roll is loved by every age group because everyone like to have something crispy and tasty with a hot cup of tea. I mostly enjoy this recipe during rainy season. Generally, Bread Roll is deep-fried but, if you don’t want to deep-fry it then you can also shallow fry it or use the air fryer if you have.
Here I am going to share a Potato Bread Roll recipe below. I hope you like and try this Bread Roll Recipe and share your experience in the comment section below.
Check out the more tasty Snack Recipes:
- Noodles Spring Rolls
- Khasta Kachori
- Aloo Samosa
- Aloo Tikki Chaat
- Dahi Bhalle
- Hakka Noodles
- Paneer Tikka
Bread Roll Recipe
- 2 cup Boiled mash Potato
- 1 cup Onions
- chopped green chilli
- 1 tbsp Dhania Powder
- 1 tsp Black Peppar
- ½ tsp Red Chilli Powder
- Salt To Taste
- 6-7 Bread slices
- Enough oil for deep frying
- Firstly, boil potato and mash it. then add chopped onions, green chilli and some spices.
- Now take one slice of bread and cut the edges of bread and and soak it in a water for 1-2 second. then press in your palm.
- then add potato stuffing in the bread. fold it and give cylinderical shape.
- Heat a oil in the pan and deep fry the rolls.
- Fry it until it turn into golden brown. Once it's completely fried then serve it with tomato ketch up or hot cup of tea.
How To Make Bread Roll (in detail):
- Firstly, boil 3-4 potatoes and mash them well. Then add 1 cup of chopped onions and chopped green chilli in it. Green chilli is optional you can skip it if you want. You can also add fresh coriander leaves along with onion, chilies.
- Then add 1 tbsp of dhania powder, 1 tsp of black pepper, half tsp of red chilli powder, and salt to taste. Mix it well.
- Now take 1 slice of bread and cut the edges of the bread. Here I am using white bread, you can use brown bread or multigrain bread. But simple White bread is best for Bread Rolls.
- After that, moist the bread with wet hands that will make bread flexible and helpful in folding of bread.
- Then press it in your palm to remove the excess water from the bread.
- Add 1 or 2 tbsp of potato stuffing in bread and fold it. (See the picture below). The stuffing depends on the size of the bread. If you have a large slice of bread, you can fill it accordingly.
- Roll the bread into a cylindrical shape.
- Heat oil in a kadhai and deep fry it.
- Deep fry it and flip it in small intervals. When you notice that it turns into crispy golden brown then strain it in the tissue paper. Tissue paper help to soak excessive oil from the Bread roll. You can also shallow fry it or air fry it if want but it affects the taste of the bread roll.
- Golden Crispy Bread Roll are now ready to serve with tomato ketchup or a hot cup of tea.
- You can also add Paneer or some other veggies to make it a bit healthy.
- Don’t forget to soak bread in water that will make bread flexible and it helps in giving binding at the time of rolling. Do not dip the bread slice directly into the water. Also, gently press the bread slice to remove excess water from the bread.
- White Bread or brown bread is best for this recipe.
- You can also shallow or air fry it if you don’t want to deep fry it.