Frankie is basically Mumbai’s street food. It is a rolled chapati with stuffed veggies, aloo patty, paneer, chaap, or anything you like. There is no authentic way to make Veg Frankie recipe. It all depends on what kind of flavor you want in Veg Frankie. If you have some creativity and knowledge of flavors then you can add anything in the Frankie to make it delicious according to your taste.
I personally preferred to have Frankie at the Evening to satisfy the evening craving. One Frankie is enough to satisfy the evening crave and it also tastes good. The Veg Frankie we are going to make is the Indian version of veg Frankie that you can easily make at home.
So, today I am going to share a recipe of Veg Frankie. Readymade Frankie Masala and tortilla are also available in the market but you don’t need to buy those readymade ingredients. You can use some regular Indian Masalas that are available in every kitchen and you can also make tortilla or wrap for this veg Frankie at home.
Here I am using homemade Tortilla or wrap for Frankie. It is so easy to make at home, the wrap for Frankie is made of Maida (all-purpose-flour) or you can also use wheat flour for this but here I am using Maida for Frankie. Simply knead the dough and roll it into thin chapati (roti) and then place it on hot tava. When you notice the brown spot on it that means it is done. Tortilla or wrap is now ready to stuff anything you want.
Here I am adding Aloo Tikki and some veggies in it. The aloo Tikki stuffing recipe is explained below.
I hope you like and try this Aloo Tikki Wrap recipe and share your experience in the comment section below.
Check out more recipes:
- Noodles spring roll
- Rava Appe
- Aloo Tikki Chaat
- Pav Bhaji
- White Sauce Pasta
- Veg Manchurian
- Aloo Samosa
- Veg Chowmein
- Chole Kulche
- Khasta Kachori
Ingredients for Wrap or Tortilla
- 1 cup Maida (all purpose flour)
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp oil
- Enough water for dough
Ingredients for Aloo tikki
- 3-4 Boiled Potato
- 2 Bread slice
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 chopped green chilli
- kasturi methi
- 1 tsp Dhania Powder
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Red chilli powder
- Salt to taste
Ingredients for Wrap stuffing
- 1 Sliced Carrot
- 1 sliced Capsicum
- 2 round cut onions
- ½ cup Eggless Mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp Schezwan Sauce
- ½ tbsp Oregano
- Take bowl and add 1 cup of maida and knead it well by adding salt, oil and enough water for dough. Leave for rest around 20-25 minutes.
- After that, boil a potato for aloo tikki. when potato is completely boiled then peel the skin of the boiled potato and mash it properly. Add bread in mash potatoes.
- Then heat a pan and add oil and add all the spices in it. Mix it.
- Add potato bread mixture in the pan. Give it a good mix. Kept aside to cool down.
- Now make a tortilla, Take a small part of dough and roll it in the thin chapati .
- heat a grill pan and place rolled chapati on hot pan.
- When it is done then make aloo tikki in the same pan and assemble all ingredients together. Veg Frankie is now ready. Enjoy it whenever you want.
How To Make Veg Frankie at Home (in detail):
How to make Tortilla (wrap) for Frankie:
- Take a bowl and add 1 cup of maida, salt, and oil. Mix it and then add enough water and make a dough. Leave it for 25-30 minutes.
- Then take a small part of the dough and roll it in the plain surface and make a thin chapati.
- Heat grill pan and place rolled chapati on the hot pan.
- When you notice brown spots on the chappati then flip to the other side. Do it from both sides.
- Tortilla for Frankie is now to ready. Now it’s time to make Aloo Tikki.
Making of Aloo Tikki for Veg Frankie:
- Boil 3-4 Potato, Peel and mash it well. Then take 2 bread soak in the water, squeeze it and remove excess the water from the bread and add it in the boiled mash potato.
- Mix it very well.
- After that, heat a Pan adds 1 tbsp of oil, 1 tsp of cumin seeds, chopped green chili, Kasturi methi, 1 tsp of Dhania Powder, 1 tsp of red chili powder, 1 tsp of turmeric powder and salt to taste. Mix all spices together.
- Then add bread and aloo mixture in the pan. Give it a good mix.
- Mixture for Aloo Tikki is ready, kept aside to cool down.
- When the mixture is cool down, take the mixture in the palm and make a cylindrical shape Tikki because cylindrical Tikki comes in every bite.
- Heat a grill pan and sprinkle oil on the pan and place aloo Tikki on the pan.
- Let it cook until it turns into golden brown then flip it to the other side. When both sides turn brown that means it is now ready.
Assembling of Veg Frankie:
- Take a small bowl and add Schezwan chutney, Mayoneese, and some oregano seasoning. Mix it well.
- Now take 1 tortilla (wrap) and spread this sauce on the wrap.
- Then place the Aloo Tikki in the center of the wrap.
- Add sliced carrots, Capsicum, and onions on it.
- Now fold the wrap from both sides and it is easily secure with the sauce that we make earlier. (see picture below).
- After that place ready Frankie on the hot pan and toast both sides just for a minute.
- Aloo Tikki Frankie is now ready to serve hot with tomato ketchup to enjoy whenever you want.
- You can also use cornflour in the Tikki for getting good binding but here I am using Bread that will also help in binding to Tikki.
- You should always make thin Tortilla or wrap for Veg Frankie if you make thick wrap or chapati that doesn’t taste good.
- There is no right or wrong way to make Frankie, you can add any vegetable in it.